Tuesday 14 September 2010

Research part 1

Dylan Cole
 Uses Photoshop in all of his painting and if he does 3D work he uses the cinema 4D, because he likes the mapping Tools. He works at 4096 pixels which is double film standard so that he can really get into the work and scribble. When he then brings the work back down to 2000 pixels it congeals nicely to form his final piece.  He also paints in a high resolution because it gives his client freedom to crop and reshape the painting.  He has a wide range of times it takes to do his work. Sketches and concept work can take him from 2 hours to 2 days. Matte painting work can be from 1 day to 3 weeks depending on the resolution and detail although it completely depends on the project because futuristic city takes him longer than a sky replacement.
Dylan’s work amazes me he uses the amazing resolution to create depth and truly inspiring pictures.  I would really like to try and design scenery. I don’t know how I would start so it has inspired me to find out how I could do things like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment